Memoirs of A Mother’s Love

Monday, January 19, 2009

February 2,1990- As I said before Brian's dad still very much enjoyed the party life, so I was not feeling to good on this night as it was, so he decided it would be much better to have friends over. I tried to be nice, tried to be social, but I felt bad, I needed to rest and just couldn't with all that were over there. His friends finally noticed this and decided it would be best to go and this of course lead to a fight between us because he could not be with his friends. I will just say in trying to get to bed, I had a "series" of "falls" and "bumping" into things. Finally in bed I lay there after midnight hurting and worried that something was wrong- I knew this was to early to be happening, and told him I really should go to the doctor, he told me to wait until the morning. The pains went away long enough to get a few hours sleep. Now on this day- February 3, 1990 I awoke to blue skies, the sun shining and a rather warm day for February- it was beautiful, but I awoke with pains still. I told him that I should really go to the doctor, he again told me to lay down that it was way to early for any of that, and I was just stressing out, he said he was going to play basketball with his friends and would return later. So there I was all alone, worried, hurting and with no way to go, no phone to contact anyone if anything happened. I tried laying down, the pain was even more intense, I thought maybe a hot bath would help me to relax and take the pain away! Ha! At that age I didn't know that a bath would intensify labor pains! Needless to say, out of the bath laying on the floor holding myself as I didn't know what was going on, I was scared and crying, not sure of what in the hell would happen next. My water broke and than I lost it! But amazing I look up and his dad is standing there, with my clothes and trying to get me up and dressed, don't know how it happened, but within minutes I was being carried out to the car ( and what a car, damn I still miss that car!! LOL 1985 Mustang GT beautiful) . The ride was like a blur, kind of comical to be honest, I threw my feet to the dash board, had pulled my pants down, not pushing at all but this baby was coming! Now remember I am only 24-26 weeks along. Sooo the ride as I said was fast, I could actually feel the baby's head, I was scared, he was screaming and driving too- again comical at best if seen from others. We pull up to the front of the emergency room entrance at the hospital and I told him don't leave, he says I am getting the doctors.... so my son- as your father went in the hospital, you decided to make your final push into this world- and no less in the front seat of this beautiful mustang!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I did not know he was born in a car! Thats some story~

    ReplyDelete